Club (Kwoon) Rules
Club (Kwoon) Rules and Etiquette
- You must be a student in good standing financially with dues fully paid to train at Golden Harmony Kung fu.
- Leave your ego behind or do not enter the hall. You are here to train in Kung fu, as is everyone.
- You must wear a Golden Harmony T-Shirt, Tank or Kung-fu top with black or white pants, preferably kung-fu style pants. Indoor formal classes also require the wearing of your sash. This is mandatory.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class so you can change and prepare yourself for the lesson ahead. Latecomers will be admitted at the instructor’s discretion, if at all.
- Bow in before entering and exiting the Kwoon.
- Bow to your classmates and teacher upon entering and when you depart. Junior students are always to bow first to the Sifu and to other senior students.
- Keep your uniform clean and odor-free.
- Do NOT wear any make-up, strong deodorant or perfume, cologne, jewelry, watches, bracelets, necklaces or piercings onto the floor.
- Keep your fingernails short so as not to hurt your training partners.
- Indoor martial arts shoes and bare feet only are permitted in the Kwoon.
- Address your seniors as Si Hing (males) and Si Jay (females) and the head instructor as Si Fu.
- Please be as quiet as possible in the changing areas and hallways so as not to disturb an ongoing class.
- Do not leave empty water bottles or other personal litter in the Kwoon.
- If you are thirsty, ask for permission before you hydrate.
- If you are injured or sick, let the instructor know, and participate to your ability.
- If you are going to be late, you must inform the instructor beforehand.
- If you are going to miss multiple classes, please notify the school.
- No swearing or foul language is permitted in the Kwoon.
- No talking or fraternizing in the Kwoon. Please keep the lesson subject as the subject of any conversation while training within the Kwoon.
- Do not distract from the lesson at hand, or interrupt the instructor.
- Questions are always welcome unless the Sifu asks that you refrain from asking something until after a particular lesson/exercise.
- NEVER show anyone techniques you have learned at Golden Harmony Kung fu as this is dangerous and potentially lethal. Kung fu is NOT A TOY.