All material contained on this web site is provided for informational purposes only.
Before undertaking the study of any martial art, you should consult with your physician.
You should be aware that if you engage in the martial arts techniques, training techniques and exercises that are demonstrated and that you are asked to do during a GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. class, you are doing so entirely at your own risk, including any present and/or future physical or psychological pain or injury that you may incur. GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC., its officers, instructors, personnel and the author of this website cannot assume any responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that you may incur as a result of your participating in a GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. class or your acting upon any information provided by this website or any links to other sites found herein. Nor can GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC., its officers, instructors, personnel and the author of this website assume any third party liability arising out of any legal actions you may be involved in as a result of the training you received by engaging in a study of any martial art as presented in a GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. class, by this website or any other source cited herein either directly, or through the use of hyperlinks. Although there may be a number of instructors, dojos, other organizations, seminars and other activities listed in this website, GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC., its officers, instructors, personnel and the author of this website cannot be responsible for their claims, instructional strategies, materials, facilities, or consequences that may arise by studying any martial art under their supervision and can make no recommendations or inferences as to the quality or effectiveness of their instructional programs.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. instruction or training, and related events and activities, you, the undersigned:
1. Agrees that prior to participating, you will inspect the facilities used and equipment to be used, and if you believe anything is unsafe, you will immediately advise your instructor, coach or supervisor or facility personnel of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledges and fully understands that you will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from your own actions, inactions or negligence but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of training, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assumes all the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Agrees and understands that when working with other students or instructors, SAFETY MUST ALWAYS BE THE FIRST CONCERN. The techniques that are demonstrated and that are part of the GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. curriculum are effective and MUST be done SLOWLY and CAREFULLY, after each party has set up and agreed to a SAFETY SIGNAL. If you have never practiced martial arts before, the safety signal is usually 3 taps or the word STOP that come from the person upon whom the technique is being executed. Upon feeling, hearing or seeing 3 taps or hearing the word STOP, the person who is doing the technique IMMEDIATELY CEASES DOING THE TECHNIQUE. This means that all motion, pressure and any joint locking STOPS RIGHT AWAY. Your training partner is lending you their body as part of a practice simulation. They are not lending you their body for you to damage out of ego, speed or poor judgement. Martial arts are NOT A TOY and require 100% of your attention and respect.
4. Releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to litigate/sue the instructor(s), affiliated clubs, regional sports organizations, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the instruction, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasee’s” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee’s or otherwise.
5. Agrees that all techniques and movements learned will be used for self-defense purposes only, and only as a last resort.
6. Agrees to hereby grant to GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. the right to photograph you and to record your voice, performances, poses, actions, plays and appearances, and use your picture, photograph, silhouette and other reproductions of your physical likeness in connection with any instructional videos, promotional videos, advertising videos and still photography (GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. media). You hereby grant to GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. their successors, assigns and licensees the perpetual right to use, as it may desire, all still and motion pictures and sound track recordings and records which GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. may make of you or of your voice, and the right to use your name or likeness in or in connection with the exhibition, advertising, exploiting and/or publicizing of the above mentioned videos or still photography. You further grant the right to reproduce in any manner whatsoever any recordings including all instrumental, musical, or other sound effects produced by you, in connection with the production and/or postproduction of any GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. media. You agree that you will not assert or maintain against GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC., your successors, assigns and licensees, any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, including but not limited to those grounded upon invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or other civil rights, or for any reason in connection with your authorized use of your physical likeness and sound in GOLDEN HARMONY KUNG-FU INC. media as herein provided.
I hereby certify and represent that I am over 18 years of age or that I am the Parent or Guardian and represent the minor being bound by the terms herein and have read the foregoing and fully understand the meaning and effect thereof and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it voluntarily.
You warrant that you are over 18 years of age and understand and agree to the above Waiver. If you are under 18 years of age, then the parent or legal guardian signing for you understands and agrees to the conditions of this Waiver.